In-patients in hospitals, or any health care facility, have the right to expect that during their stay for treatment they will be cared for in a manner conducive to recovering from their ailments.
If a patient's care is negligent and they suffer a worsening of their condition, a complication, or further illness or injury as a result, then the patient may be able to make a claim for compensation.
We aim to provide:
- Free assessment of your claim.
- One to one contact with your lawyer from day one.
- Clear and unambiguous legal advice.
- Visits to you at home, hospital or in a rehabilitation centre.
- Early interim payments and funding for rehabilitation needs.
- Maximum compensation and the best outcomes for you.
Negligent Care Claims
The solicitors at Healys Recover have handled a number of care claims where the standard of care by staff in hospitals, and other facilities, has fallen below that which should have been reasonably expected, and caused the patient harm.
Some examples of negligent care are:
- Hospital staff not helping patients to eat food, if they are too ill or infirm to feed themselves – this can lead to malnutrition, especially in children and the elderly
- Patients left on trolleys for long periods of time before admittance to wards
- Infirm patients being left alone in toilets and bathroom cubicles and suffering falls
- Patients not being regularly moved in their beds and suffering bedsores as a result
A claim for compensation may be necessary in any instance where the actions or inactions of hospital staff have caused or worsened illness or injury, particularly if this has also led to financial loss.
How Healys Recover can help
The clinical negligence solicitors at Healys Recover pride themselves on being approachable and straightforward but with the necessary expertise to offer you a robust and committed litigation service.
If you, or a loved one, has suffered as a result of negligent care we can advise you whether you have grounds for a claim and what your best course of action might be. Please contact us today for information and advice about our services.