Misdiagnosis claims against GPs or hospitals
When hospital doctors, or GPs, fail to diagnose a condition which later causes serious harm to a patient, there may be a negligence case to answer.
The clinical negligence solicitors at Healys Recover can help you bring hospital or GP misdiagnosis claims for compensation if a failure to correctly diagnose has caused you further injury, illness or harm, and quantifiable loss.
Misdiagnosis can include any one of the following:
- Failure to diagnose an injury or condition
- Failure to refer a patient when the need for further examination or treatment is indicated
- Failure to treat an injury or condition according to medical best practice at the time
Steps to a successful claim
Any hospital or GP misdiagnosis claim must be able to prove that a doctor acted incompetently or unreasonably when considering medical understanding at the time the incident occurred.
With help from your solicitors, you must be able to show that no other competent doctor would have considered it reasonable to treat you similarly, and he or she would have been able to make a correct diagnosis and give suitable treatment or referral from the symptoms presented.
What could you claim for?
Misdiagnosis claims can be brought for a number of different issues, but some of the most common cases handled by clinical negligence solicitors are:
- No investigation or follow up of symptoms of serious illness, such as cancer
- Not facilitating correct testing to exclude certain illnesses or injuries
- Misreading or misreporting of biopsy reports, scans, or blood test data, etc.
Have you suffered a misdiagnosis?
If you feel you have grounds for commencing a hospital or GP misdiagnosis claim, please contact Healys Recover today for an informal discussion of your situation.
The experienced clinical negligence team will be able to ascertain the merit of your case and the likelihood of success.
We will be able to explain the full procedure for making a clinical negligence claim against a GP or NHS trust and also explain funding options so that you can proceed with confidence.